Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Mosquito Bites

I been allergy free all my life until I began travelling to sun destinations. Ive suffered from such brutal mosquito bites, if you saw me randomly walking the streets you would think I had type 3 herpes or something. Ya, it is that gross. The normal mosquito repellents do not even work for me, I have resulted to using Muskol which has 24% deet. Even deep woods does not work. Muskol is the only repellent that aids in somewhat keeping those buggers away. I am not sure what it is about my blood, but they love sucking the life out of me and ruining my skin. Muskol is not even good for your skin, I remember couple years back when I was in Cuba, I had sprayed myself with the Muskol and then went out onto the balcony to sit on a chair. When I had gotten off the chair I had red stripes on the back of my thighs - I had stripped the paint off the chair onto my muskoled skin. Scary! But this is the only product that provides any sort of protection for me, so I got to do what I got to do. I had also gone to the doctors to inquire and he has prescribed me a cream which consists of cortoderm oint 1% and hydrocortisone 1%. This cream relieves the itching and aids in the speed of recovery. The scars is what really kills me. Even if I don't itch they sometimes leave a faint ugly dark spot.

Prepare to be disgusted. Below are some pictures of my poor legs that have been tortured by these vicious mosquitoes.

Mexico 2011

Cuba 2012
 I currently have about 10 bites on my legs and they are relatively all the same size as the above picture. 10 mosquito bites are probably the least amount of bites I ever got travelling.

I also get bites in our Canadian summers, which are pretty bad too but not comparable with these tropical mosquitoes.

I hate mosquito's!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment