Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Maid of the Mist

Being born and raised in Canada, visiting Niagara Falls tonnes of times I have never actually been on the Maid of the Mist. With my cousin persistent to hop aboard, it gave me many reasons to set sail with her. What is really sad, is that my cousin from London, England was educating me on the fact that there is a falls on the NY side and a different set of falls on the Canadian side. (like how did I not know that?.. lol) Any who, the Canadian Falls is way nicer than the American Falls.

The boat takes you, smack in the middle of the Canadian Falls. Being so close to the water, the view is gorgeous and you can almost touch the rainbow. As you will see (the picture below) I strapped up in my plastic raincoat really securely to avoid getting wet. The mist in combination with the wind really blows water around leaving it inevitable to get wet. However, if you bundle up like us, the water did not stand a chance. I also think that they should provide you with goggles, for if you are not wearing sunglasses be prepared to be constantly removing water from your face.

All in all, it was quite an awesome experience and I would absolutely ride the Maid of the Mist again.

No comments:

Post a Comment