Thursday, April 19, 2012

Psychologically disturbed

I have a girlfriend whose baby caught lice while away on vacation, which in turn got transferred to her. I have been doing extensive research on these pesky little critters (head lice) about home remedies, their life span, life cycle, how long the nits (eggs) take to hatch, etc. and I have literally traumatized myself. (Google tends to do this to me on a regular basis).

My head and body is consistently itching, I have nightmares about them, during my hot yoga class; as the sweat drips down my scalp I feel as if it is crawling lice. Today when I got home from work, I anxiously sat on my couch for about 15 minutes as I awaited my mom to come home from work. I told her to search my head, which she carefully did and then so did my dad and to of course... I don't have head lice. They found it hilarious that I thought I had lice and literally made fun of me for the rest of the night. Apparently, it is normal back in India for majority of the people to have lice so my parents did not even take the matter serious.

I don't know what is wrong with me but I am psychologically scarred and for some reason am convincing myself that I have head lice. I need counseling... I am being serious, you may be laughing and thinking I am a crazy but this has actually affected my life. I have issues!

I was going to attach a picture however, I was unable to build up the courage to look at it - just sitting here typing about it is making my scalp itchy! Help!

No comments:

Post a Comment