Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Fishtail Braid

After seeing someone with this unusual but very flattering/messy looking fishtail braid, I had decided to YouTube how it was done. At first I found it really difficult to do (maybe because I was experimenting on my own hair without a mirror) but then finally was able to grasp the concept of throwing a strand of hair over each time.


Personally, I find that the fishtail braid looks best on those with thick chunky hair however, those with thinner hair, if the braid is done looser and you pull pieces of the hair out after the braid is complete it can give a fuller look.

Here is a step by step picture tutorial on how to do a fishtail braid


This type of braid is officially my favorite.

I have the privilege to fishtail braid Rebecca's hair at least 3 times a week, which really enhances my braiding skills.

Hair Model: Rebecca Richardson
Fishtail Braider: ME


Braiding other peoples hair is way easier however, the objective here is to be able to do these braids on my own head of hair. My goal is to be able to do a fishtail braid into the head - it may be a challenge because I struggle to do a simple French Braid:



Happy Fistailing! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment